Laws and regulations
Macedonian legislation stipulates establishment and application of adequate and reliable procedures regarding the requirements for general safety of products, the manner of prescribing technical requirements, as well as the mutual recognition principles for compliance with foreign documents and markings.
Technical requirements standard
|The regulation stipulates certain requirements for specific products, which could refer to:
1. Minimal substantial requirements which should be fulfilled by the products;
2. Procedure, manner and conditions for evaluation of the products compliance with prescribed requirements;
3. Conditions to be fulfilled by the authorities that take part in the compliance evaluation procedure;
4. Type of accompanying documents when products are being released on the market or in circulation;
5. Obligation and manner of marking products;
6. Reference to standards and other technical specifications;
7. Format and content of the technical documentation, as well as manner and record keeping period; and
8. Protective clause and reporting procedure.
Enclosed are the technical requirements for the following groups of products (available only in Macedonian):
- Children’s toys;
- Simple pressure vessels;
- Pressure equipment;
- Portable pressure equipment;
- Electromagnetic compatibility;
- Machine safety;
- Electro-technical equipment;
- Utilization of lifts and transporters;
- Utilization of pressure equipment;
- Basic requirements for buildings;
- Establishing compliance of construction products.
The procedures description
|The technical regulations are adopted by the Minister of Economy or the minister authorized by law as competent authority for affairs regarding production, market and releasing certain products or group of products into free circulation. When importing a product subject to this rerulation, the importer must ensure that the product is compliant with prescribed technical requirements.
Evaluation of the compliance with technical requirements could be done by the authorised legal entities. The Minister of Economy issues such an authorisation, based on criteria for acreditation in accordance with the Law on Accreditation. The authorised entities have the power to issue compliance certificates upon written applications by the interested legal or natural persons.
The Republic of Macedonia acknowledges the foreign compliance documents and markings issued in accordance with the international agreements signed and ratified by the Republic of Macedonia.
Authorities monitoring and control
The monitoring and control over the enforcement of the provisions from the Law on Products Safety is done by the State Market Inspectorate, State Sanitary and Health Inspectorate, as well as some other official inspection authorities.
Law on Metrology
|Contact information about the mentioned institutions could be found on LINKS